Timetric’s ‘Reinsurance in the India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019′ report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers, challenges in the Indian reinsurance segment.
It provides values for key performance indicators such as written premium, reinsurance ceded and reinsurance accepted during the review period (2010–2014) and forecast period (2014–2019).
The report also analyses information pertaining to the competitive landscape in the country, gives a comprehensive overview of Indian economy and demographics and provides detailed analysis of natural hazards and its impact on the Indian insurance industry.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow reinsurers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and access profiles of reinsurers operating in the country.
Timetric’s ‘Reinsurance in the India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019′ report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Indian reinsurance segment, including:
– The Indian reinsurance segment’s growth prospects by reinsurance category
– The Indian reinsurance segment’s growth prospects by reinsurance ceded from direct insurance
– A comprehensive overview of India’s economy and demographics
– Detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the Indian insurance industry
– The competitive landscape in the Indian reinsurance segment
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in India:
– It provides historical values for India’s reinsurance segment for the report’s 2010–2014 review period, and projected figures for the 2014–2019 forecast period.
– It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in India’s reinsurance segment, and market forecasts to 2019.
– It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in India, and the segment’s growth prospects.
Reasons To Buy
– Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Indian reinsurance segment and each sector within it.
– Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Indian reinsurance segment.
– Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
– Gain insights into key regulations governing the Indian insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry’s future.
– The reinsurance segment grew at a review-period (2010?2014) CAGR of 1.8% in terms of premium accepted.
– Following the passing of the Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill 2015, foreign reinsurers were permitted to open branch offices in the country after obtaining required licenses from IRDAI; GIC Re is currently the only domestic reinsurer operating in India.
– Aviation, marine cargo, natural catastrophes, fire, and liability were the main non-life categories contributing to the growth of reinsurance in India.
– The growth in the insurance industry is expected to support the growth of the reinsurance segment over the forecast period.
– According to Timetric, the main challenges faced by reinsurers in India are levels of risk awareness, sophistication of risk transfer, and the unavailability of data on natural catastrophes resulting in inaccurate flood or earthquake modeling.