NEW DELHI, India, Sept. 29, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — EY, a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services and Ebix, Inc. (NASDAQ:EBIX), a supplier of software and e-commerce services to the insurance, financial and healthcare industries, today announced a strategic alliance to deliver innovative technology-enabled solutions to prospective customers in the area of e-governance, health and insurance in India and Bangladesh.
The relationship draws from the common belief in the power of digital solutions in bringing about a transformative change in businesses that will result in better returns to both the customer and the enterprise.
EY advises and provides solutions to clients on digital transformation, including strategy, analytics, risk and cyber-security, customer experience etc.
The strategic collaborative effort will focus on assisting customers including government bodies / ministries as well as public and private sector enterprises.
The alliance would leverage on the partners’ respective strengths, including EY’s experience and reputation as a leader in providing advisory services, its thought leadership and ability to lead large-scale transformation programs, while Ebix has subject matter expertise in the area of software and e-commerce solutions to customers for removing barriers to digital adoption, improving customer experience, and maximizing their return on investment in digital technologies.
The joint-go-to-market initiative shall include working together with a goal to be the thought leaders in the area of e-governance, health and insurance.
Among other areas, the strategic relationship will focus on:
- e-governance projects of government bodies / ministries (including central, state and local bodies);
- Niche A.D.A.M. suite of healthcare products in the area of consumer health, health education, continuing medical education, pharmacy & life sciences and coming out with specific solutions aiming at improving health ecosystem insurance in India and Bangladesh;
- Mobile devices and technology in coming out with innovative healthcare provisioning (e-health, m-health, etc.);
- End-to-end Life and General insurance in India solutions for various public and private sector insurance companies;
- Developing innovative thinking in the area of primary healthcare delivery model;
- Establishing co-innovation capabilities on a host of advanced applications in the area of health and insurance; and driving customers’ business advantage from the “internet of things”;
- Delivering cutting edge technology solutions to clients in the insurance and allied areas using Ebix technologies and EY’s business advisory and technology consulting skills.
Says Rajiv Memani, Chairman, EY India, “Digital is transforming the way business is done, providing multiple opportunities for organizations to take advantage of disruptive changes.
We have been advising clients in the identification, development and adoption of better digital solutions to integrate in their business models.
Ebix’s focus on progressive technologies and its capabilities in delivering digital solutions, we believe, will enable us to help clients better as on their digital agenda.”
Ebix President & CEO, Robin Raina said, “We are excited to be teaming together with EY on this strategic initiative.
We recognize the advisory experience, thought leadership, market reach and large project management experience that EY brings to the table.
We believe that this collaborative go-market effort is uniquely positioned to target large Private sector & Government projects and provide end-to-end solutions to them.”