CM Siddaramaiah launches health insurance schemes

Bengaluru, Jan 20: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah launched two health insurance schemes -Rajiv Arogya Bhagya for above poverty line (APL) households and Jyothi Sanjeevini for all government employees – in Bengaluru on Tuesday.

Siddaramiaiah said government employees will get cashless treatment in 124 empanelled private hospitals under Jyothi Sanjeevini scheme without any cap while APL families will get subsidised treatment under Rajiv Arogya Bhagya (RAB) up to Rs 1.5 lakh in 110 empanelled hospitals.

Both the health insurance schemes will commence from January 20.

Under RAB for APL families, there are differential rates for general, semi-private and private wards.

While the beneficiaries opting for treatment in general wards get 70 per cent of the cost, those choosing semi-private and private wards will get reimbursements up to 50 per cent of the cost.

Implementation of the Rajiv Arogya Bhagya scheme also means every citizen, irrespective of income and even those not covered by any health insurance scheme will be eligible for low-cost surgeries.

These schemes would cover ailments related to heart, neurology, kidney, cancer, burns and accident besides children affected by serious diseases.

As many as 449 serious types of surgeries related to these seven ailments have been identified.

Those who wish to make use of the schemes should enrol themselves at the Arogya Suraksha Trust.

The Rajiv health scheme is aimed at providing help to APL card holders and their family members, who are facing serious health problems.

There are plans to provide advanced healthcare at the government super speciality hospitals, which would be on cash payment basis.

The Trust has tied up with 124 hospitals for implementing the scheme.

Medical care to the tune of Rs 1.5 lakh could be availed annually by an APL family.

The Chief Minister said the treatment under the Rajiv health scheme is not totally free. They will have to pay a minimum fee.

If a patient is admitted to a general ward, 30 per cent of the total medical cost has to be paid by the patient and the rest 70 per cent would be met by the Arogya Suraksha Trust.

In super speciality wards, 50 per cent of the cost would be met by the Trust, he said.

Curated From :  CM Siddaramaiah launches health insurance schemes – daijiworld

You may also like...