Accidents are unforeseen and inevitable. Such mishaps take only a few seconds to turn life upside down.
Moreover, the impact of such mishaps is felt more on the emotional as well as financial grounds.
It can even drain an individual’s lifetime savings, leaving his/her family in a difficult situation without resources or help.
Hence, securing family’s future and enabling their basic day-to-day needs in the absence of the breadwinner becomes utmost priority.
Personal Accident Insurance protects families from the financial concerns such as loss of income and medical expenses that unforeseen accidents lead to.
The policy covers an individual against death, physical injuries and bodily burns.
A Term Plan only helps in the event of death and a Health Plan helps in case one is hospitalized.
Some of these policies also offer Accidental Benefit riders, but these riders are not as comprehensive as a standalone Personal Accident Insurance policy.
We all in our day-to-day life are exposed to the risks of accidents. Despite all possible precautions, accidents do occur.
More often, they occur due to other people’s mistakes over which we have no control! And interestingly, even in today’s uncertain world, chances of death or getting hospitalized for some illness are far lower than the chances of meeting with an accident!
A standalone Personal Accident policy covers one for such possibilities at nominal premium rates compared to a life insurance policy.
HDFC ERGO’s Personal Accident Insurance ensures an individual’s family’s financial security in the hour of need.
This policy covers incidences such as Death, Permanent Total Disability, Temporary Total Disability, Broken Bones, Burns and Ambulance costs.
The Personal Accident insurance plan can also be extended to include entire family under a single policy. HDFC ERGO’s Personal Accident Insurance Policy ensures an individual’s protection across the boundaries.
Key Highlights of HDFC ERGO’s Personal Accident Insurance Policy:
- Anyone below the age of 65 years is eligible for the coverage
- Policy Sum Insured ranges from Rs.2.5 lakhs to Rs.15 lakhs.
- Family Coverage Plans: A comprehensive coverage offered at affordable price extendable to the entire family in a single policy including dependents – parents and children.
- Insurance with no boundary limits. Coverage for accidents in India and worldwide
- Almost all risks pertaining to accidents like Broken Bones, Burns, Permanent Disability or Accidental Deaths are covered under the policy. Coverage on Ambulance expenses as well as daily cash reimbursements for hospitalization due to accidents and sickness are also included in the policy plan
Features of HDFC ERGO’s Personal Accident Insurance Policy:
- Accidental Death –If the physical injuries due to an accident leads to death of the insured, 100% of the Policy Sum Insured is reimbursed
- Permanent Total Disablement –If the physical injuries due to an accident results in permanent disablement, then up to 100% of the Policy Sum Insured is payable to the insured
- Broken Bones – If the physical injuries to the insured results in bone fractures, then up to 10% of Policy Sum Insured is payable under the policy
- Hospital Cash (Illness & Accident) –In the event of insured’s accident or illness, a daily assistance for hospitalization up to 45 days is provided
- Burns – If an accident results in hospitalization of the insured and treatment of burns, up to 5% of Policy Sum Insured is payable
- Ambulance Expense–Ambulance costs incurred on the insured post-accident are reimbursed as per the policy