Bharti AXA General Insurance (GI) Company Ltd. has launched SmartTraveller Insurance for the outbound travel segment in India. The insurance offers global coverage for students, individuals, families, and frequent travellers. Milind Chalisgaonkar, Interim CEO & MD, Bharti AXA General Insurance, said, “International travel for Indians has increased substantially and with it has arisen a need to be better prepared to manage any travel-related risk. Bharti AXA GI offers comprehensive and affordable international travel insurance solutions for different segments of travellers. The distinguishing factor of our offering is that even the most basic version of our travel insurance products offers 11 or more benefits that equip a traveller to manage nearly any problem they may face.”
He added, “The SmartTraveller Insurance offers comprehensive coverage for better protection; affordability and value for money; simple, quick and online purchase; and robust international network for end-to-end travel claims and assistance globally. There are four simple steps to get the insurance – (a) get quote (b) input traveller details (c) make payment (d) print policy. The traveller can take the insurance on the day of departure as well. The objective is to offer hassle-free, affordable, and reliable insurance to our customers.”
The SmartTraveller Insurance Policy offers a choice of two major plans catering to (a) individuals, families, and frequent travellers through a variant, known as Annual Multi Trip International travel insurance plan. These cover geographies, including U.S.A & Canada; Schengen (enlistment underway); Asia, excluding Japan; and Worldwide, including Japan (b) Students in the age group of 16-40 years, covering USA and Canada and rest of the world.
Chalisgaonkar further stated, “Additionally, our partnership with AXA Assistance ensures that we provide seamless end-to-end claims assistance globally, thereby leveraging on the strengths of our parent company. We are confident that this product will be well received by the frequent traveller community and help us become the first choice for customers.”
Speaking about plans to reach a wider travel segment, Chalisgaonkar said, “We will tie up with travel agents, GDS providers, visa processing centres/companies, corporate brokers, insurance agents, and international study travel-organising companies to create awareness and widen our network.”
Subrahmanyam B, Senior Vice President, Bharti AXA General Insurance, said, “We have different types of insurance based on sum insured, coverage undertaken, etc.” Rachna Sethi, CEO, AXA Assistance India, elaborated, “AXA Assistance is wholly owned by the AXA Group. Being world leaders in providing best-in-class emergency response and everyday assistance to our customers worldwide, we manage over 30 global 24X7 alarm centres. One such is located in Delhi. This means that we are all the more equipped to render services to our Indian clients, in their own language, and to understand our clients’ needs, fears, and concerns. This provides us enhanced capability to provide extra assurance and comfort to our customers in India, when faced with an unfortunate situation in any of their overseas visits. With over 7,000 of our own employees and a wide network of physicians, hospitals, and related services in over 200 countries, we are experienced in handling over nine million cases. Therefore, we are confident that the traveller community covered by SmartTraveller will benefit from a seamless and smooth insurance and assistance solution, and we shall effectively manage global access, quality and cost for them.”
The Bharti AXA GI Advantage
1) Extensive Coverage: Individual and family plans cover several travel exigencies like medical emergencies, loss of travel documents (passport, tickets, etc.), loss of checked-in baggage, compassionate visit in case of medical emergency, financial emergency, daily allowance if hospitalisation is needed, among others. Student international travel insurance plans in addition cover sponsor protection and reimbursement of the tuition fees due to study interruption. While both offerings are comprehensive, a further extension of benefits can be opted for, with a nominal payment of ten per cent of premium. For e.g., students can get cover for treatment of mental and nervous disorders, including alcohol and drug dependency.
2) One company for end-to-end assistance: Partnership with AXA Assistance ensures comprehensive claims assistance across the globe. AXA Assistance offers best-in-class solutions for all traveller needs, right from seeking pre-travel information for a trip to medical assistance while travelling abroad. The AXA Assistance Global Medical Network provides access to an extensive network of physicians and facilities in more than 200 countries around the world. The comprehensive claims management from AXA Assistance provides a high degree of transparency and efficiently reduces overall costs through preferred discounted rates with medical providers and direct settlements.
3) Quick Online Purchase: To quicken and simplify the buying process, Bharti AXA General Insurance website www.bharti-axagi.co.in offers prospective buyers all necessary tools to make a quick purchase online with no paperwork. Being easy to navigate, jargon-free, and user friendly, the website provides details like exigencies covered, coverage limits, exclusions, etc. By filling in trip details, one can receive instant quotes on recommended plans as per travel requirements and budgets. This is followed by a quick and easy option of online payment and purchase. In addition, Bharti AXA GI is pursuing e-partnerships with several travel portals to reach out to a greater number of travellers.
4) Toll-free number for claims assistance from any part of the globe: The claims process is just as simple, transparent, and quick. For claim or emergency assistance whilst abroad, the insured may call on dedicated toll-free numbers (For Canada – 844-691-8883, USA – 844-691-8885. For rest of the world – +91 11 47324403). A representative guides the insured over the phone on the claims process. A claim form available online can be completed and transmitted to the company with all supporting information.
5) Affordable travel plans for different consumer segments: Costing less than one per cent of the entire travel cost, these plans truly offer comprehensive coverage against different travel exigencies, thereby offering peace of mind to individuals, families, students, and frequent travellers.
Benefits: Individual and Families
Medical Expenses; Dental Treatment Expenses; Personal Accident; Accidental Death and Dismemberment – Common Carrier; Daily Allowance in case of Hospitalisation; Compassionate Visit; Loss of Passport and Documents; Total loss of checked baggage; Delay of checked baggage; Trip Cancellation and Interruption; Missed Connection; Personal Liability; Financial Emergency Assistance; Hijack Distress Allowance; Home Fire Insurance – Contents; Home Burglary Insurance – Contents; Loss of Deposit or Cancellation – Hotel and Airline; Overbooked Flight; Bail Bond; Legal Expenses; Pet Care No Cover; Emergency Accommodation
Benefits: Student International Travel Product
Medical Expenses; Dental Treatment Expenses; Personal Accident; Accidental Death and Dismemberment – Common Carrier; Daily Allowance in case of Hospitalisation; Compassionate Visit; Loss of Passport and Documents; Total loss of checked baggage; Delay of checked baggage; Personal Liability; Legal Expenses; Bail Bond USD; Study Interruption; Sponsor Protection
Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises – a leading Indian business group – and AXA, which is a world leader in financial protection. While Bharti has a 74 per cent stake in the joint venture company, AXA has 26 per cent stake.